Saturday 8 December 2012

The Day to Day

I have just finished reading The Happiness Project . It is a brilliant book about how to make your life happier without changing your life. It focuses each month on making resolutions to do with one area of life such as Work or Family. It is a really personal account from one women who is definitively not perfect and lives her real life as she goes through the book. It is really inspiring as she is not unhappy and is just working towards making herself happier on a daily basis. My desktop background is a quote from her "What you do EVERY DAY matters more than what you do ONCE IN A WHILE'. This really appeals to me as I feel what makes me happy and makes a big improvement of my quality of life is what I do everyday, the small things like the food I eat and the people I talk to regularly. It isn't the big things like holidays or moving house. It is the small things like stroking the cat or having a great cup of coffee. 



I would really recommend the book to anyone. She is an intelligent, well read, fun woman talking simply about her life. I am just starting on her next book about being happy at home. We will see if it is as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment